Monday, August 24, 2009

As the end of summer draws near

As the end of summer draws near, the days get shorter, and I feel depression creeping in. The feeling is especially strong on Sunday nights like this one. And on this particular Sunday, I had reset the timer for the outdoor lights to make them turn on a half hour earlier. So I'm paying extra attention to the time it gets dark.

And maybe joining the Shadow Shot Sunday meme wasn't a good idea. One problem with it is that it starts on a Sunday, the saddest of all days. It's sad because for me it signifies the end of a work-free weekend. Not only that, but it starts on Sunday in Australia, which begins Saturday noon at the latest where I live1. So I'm not even thinking about lunch on Saturday before I'm thinking about Sunday.

And then there's the focus on shadows. Darkness is not conducive to a healthy mental outlook. At least that's what I keep reading. I, myself, am not an expert on mental health, because I tend to lack it so often. So I defer to the experts on this.

I have no remedy for this. But I'll savor my lunchtime walks in the daylight.


1 According to the World Time Zone map.

No comments: