I'm in a field. There's a group of older children or young adults. About half of the group are facing the other half. It seems they are practicing football with an imaginary ball. Now, one person is pretending to be the quarterback; she drifts back from the imaginary scrimmage line as if to pass. The others (aka, the defense) react. Then she runs to the side, parallel to the scrimmage line; the others react differently. It seems to be an exercise for the defense. They read the quarterback's reactions and then carry out their play.
At some point, someone on defense has a real ball, and she throws it to me. I'm not part of their group or on any team, but I decide to pretend and play along. I run toward the imaginary goal line. I will evade the defense, fake them out, confuse them. I'm committed to this, confident that I can do this. "All I have to do is just run and don't drop the ball," I tell myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment