Tuesday, January 1, 2008

About Square Peg


Square Peg resides in Northeastern USA with a wife, daughter, dog and four cats. He works as a design engineer for a small manufacturer of passive electrical components. He received his B.S.E.E. from a well-known technical university and has worked in the electronics industry since 1982.

His Myers-Briggs personality type is iNfP, although sometimes he can bend that back to INTP, which was his personality in his youth.

He tries to follow a unique combination of the Blood Type diet, the GenoType Diet and low-carb eating, but sometimes he indulges his weakness for sweets, especially chocolate chip cookies, birthday cake, Ben and Jerry's Phish Food ice cream. He is 5'9" tall, and weighs between 155lb and 165lb with a 15% body fat.

He enjoys music and once considered a career in music. A former tuba and bass guitar player, he tries to learn from his daughter's piano lessons.



2008-01-01 Original posting date.
2009-09-08 Updated (lowered) weight & body fat, added GenoType diet, and removed reference to choir.
2010-06-01 Fixed "and and" in the last paragraph. Weight range was 155 to 160. Added reference to low-carb eating.
2010-08-23 Added links to the Blood Type Diet and the GenoType Diet.
2011-02-09 Changed from three cats to four cats.
2011-04-21 Changed from four cats to three cats.
2011-12-07 Changed from three cats to four cats.

5 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

Thank you for reading my blog... I will go on! Been working on my health for now because of the back stuff. I will be following your blog. Again, thank you.

Anonymous said...

My daughter reminds me that I'm a B blood type & I eat that way for awhile after her visit (once a yr.).

Maybe you could elaborate on Eating According to Your Blood Type. Any medical research? It sure would be a more varied diet without the blood type thing.

bikehikebabe

Square Peg Guy said...

Hi BikeHikeBabe:

I'm not aware of any studies that directly compare people on the BTD with people on other diets or against a control group. The BTD science seems to be based on the interaction between the proteins in foods and their effect on the different blood types. And anyway, it's based on statistics -- for example, most people with the gene for type B blood cannot tolerate certain foods. But the best thing is to test yourself with a food elimination test. It's time consuming, but cheaper than a medical test.

Here's a link to the official Blood Type Diet website: http://dadamo.com/.

I would say that if you don't notice any improvement after a week on the Blood Type B diet, it's probably not worth worrying about. But for me, it's definitely been a life-saver.

I've written about my food intolerances and the adjustments that helped. If you have time, please read some of my Diet posts.

Good luck!

Hawk said...

Love your site - great reading. I also use the blood type book - I am an O blood type and find it interesting not only to watch the foods I eat but how my body reacts.

Your a great guy and am glad to listen to a man's point of view on many topics.

Square Peg Guy said...

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting, Hawk!