Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In 20100616

I wrote earlier that I now realize that when I eat good foods, I don't need to eat a big meal in order to keep from passing out before my next meal. And I actually enjoy the sensation of not feeling full after a meal. So that's really driving this spurt of weight loss.

But there is a big motivator I haven't mentioned before. It's my hernia. I'm considering having surgery to patch it up, and I want to be trim going into that surgery. When it's over, the scar will be aligned with the waist line of my pants, and I don't want pressure there. Also, it seems that the pressure of the hernia is worse when I am engorged. Maybe I'm hoping that the hernia will heal itself if I become skinny.

There is also the fact that I don't want medical folks to look at me on the table and comment, "Eeeewwww, look at that fat!"

Waist = 37.0"
Height = 5' 9"

References:
  1. Wikipedia BMI page
  2. Tanita Scale with Body Fat monitor
  3. Javascript must be enabled to view the data.

No comments: