Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dream: Plotting Against the Telecom Company

It's night time.  I'm at someone's house for an informal meeting.  The people here are dissatisfied or upset with the telecommunications provider and want to take some action against it.  The discussion seems to be focused on getting access to the control circuitry and modifying it so that it provides either free service or improved service at no extra charge.

Now I'm in a lecture hall in Boston.  I'm attending a workshop on how to infiltrate the phone company service areas and make modifications to the wiring and programming.  This is the next step after the informal meeting at the house.  The leader has passed out packets of information, plus an agreement for each person to sign.

This is serious and possibly dangerous activity, and I have concerns.  But I'm not the only one.  My coworker TL stands up and walks out, declining to be a part of this.  I don't want to go through with it, either.  I'm particularly concerned about what to do if I were to encounter a company employee.  The instructor hasn't even mentioned this possibility.  I don't mind messing around with wires, circuits and programming, but I definitely do not want to attack or injure anyone.  But even though I don't want to participate, I decide to stay in the lecture.  I'm curious about how to make the modifications.  Besides, I drove two hours to get here, so I might as well stay a while.

No comments: