Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hi-Def in the Bathroom

From reading the post title, you might think we installed an HDTV in our indoor outhouse.

But if you've been reading this blog long enough, you know that I like to lead you astray. You're right.

What we installed yesterday was a new bathroom mirror. And the way this relates to HDTV is that our old mirror was so non-reflective that the change we see in ourselves is like switching from analog TV to HDTV.

I can see myself so clearly that I kind of long for the old mirror, which, incidentally, was manufactured in the same year I was born. Every pore, wrinkle and chicken pox scar now shouts out "Look at me!"

So we're almost done Feng Shui-ing in the loo. All that's left is to put up that waterfall picture where the fish picture was, and hang the mirror on the outside of the door.

But we have lots to do all over the house. Stay tuned for more exciting (albeit non-loo-related) Feng Shui news!

2 comments:

The Bumbles said...

Oh that sounds like the same reaction I have to those cruel make-up mirrors. I suppose their point is so that you can more easily apply mascara or some such thing - I generally get scared by the extreme closeup and run the other way.

Square Peg Guy said...

By magnifying all our flaws, I guess those mirrors are supposed to motivate us to work extra hard on beautifying techniques, so that we look great through un-aided eyes.

But IMO beauty comes from within. So mirrors should be designed to trick us into thinking we're beautiful regardless of how we really look.

Thanks for commenting!