Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Green Tea Electrolyte Drink

Lately I've been drinking a new concoction -- a Green Tea Electrolyte drink.

First I prepare the Green Iced Tea by adding 10 green tea bags to 1 gallon of water. I also add several mint leaves that I tear into small pieces. Let that steep in the refrigerator overnight. If you don't have fresh mint, you can use Tazo Zen tea bags. It's great tea, but a lot more expensive. (I buy my green tea bags in a box of 100 for about $5.25.) Or you can use your favorite herbal tea for a caffeine-free version. The mint leaves and tea bags will usually float, so it's easy to remove them after it's done steeping.

Pour a glassful of the steeped green iced tea and add pinch of sea salt, lemon juice and sugar or agave nectar. I use nearly 1/4 teaspoon of salt and three teaspoons of sugar and the juice from about 1/4 lemon.

No comments: