Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday Weigh-In 20120912

It is mushroom season, and I've found puff balls and a huge Chicken of the Woods. I mention this because this week's waist measurement appears to be "inflated" due to my apparent intolerance of these wild-harvested things. My symptoms usually are bloating, loss of appetite, loose stool, stomach discomfort. But this time, I also had chest pain (enough, perhaps, to inspire a dream about a demon shooting death rays at my chest) and severe fatigue.

I'm still not sure what all of this malaise is due to. My list of suspects includes:
  • not cooking the mushroom enough
  • eating parts of the plant that are too close to the stalk
  • not cleaning it sufficiently
  • eating way too much of it in a short period of time
This is really disappointing. I like the taaste and texture of these mushrooms, and I especially like the idea of foraging and finding these gift from Nature.

Waist = 38.0"
Height = 5' 9"

References:
  1. Wikipedia BMI page
  2. Tanita Scale with Body Fat monitor
  3. Javascript must be enabled to view the data.

No comments: