Monday, April 22, 2013

Low Normal Body Temperature and Hypothyroidism

Chronic low body temperature is related to many syndromes and symptoms, including: allergies, apathy, chronic fatigue, "brain fog", "personal failure", depression, dizziness, hypoglycemia, lethargy, passive/aggressive syndromes, skin and joint conditions, sleep disorders, sexual dysfunction, past sexual abuse, yeast problems, porphyria, and many other poorly-defined chronic low health states.
from http://www.diagnose-me.com/symptoms-of/hypothyroidism.html

I became interested in the topic of low body temperature last week.  I felt feverish, but my temperature was barely 99.1F, which is considered a low grade fever.  However, I felt that my fever was stronger, higher than that.  My normal body temperature is 1.8F lower than the 98.6F that's considered normal.  So I wondered if I should consider my personal fever to be 100.9F, or 1.8F more than the actual reading of 99.1.

It took five days for the fever to break.  I started to feel better (as in "less bad") over the weekend, so I did some research on body temperature.

I've had low normal body temperature all my life, yet no doctor or nurse has ever commented on it.  Body temperature is one of our most basic measures of health, and mine was ignored. If someone had bothered to take an interest in my low readings, I might be in much better shape today.  Instead, my doctor complained about my high cholesterol, putting my on Vytorin.  "I'd rather find out why my cholesterol is high and correct that condition," I'd say.  "It's genetic," was always his reply.

No, that's not entirely true, Doctor.  If you paid attention to my consistently low body temperatures of 96.8F and followed the diagnostic guidelines for Wilson Syndrome, you'd treat me for hypothyroidism, which can explain my high cholesterol and my many other problems!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey very interesting blog!

Anonymous said...

Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost you're utilizing?
I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I
must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you
suggest a good hosting provider at a honest price?
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Author said...

Thank you for your interest. The webhost is obvious. Blogspot is the platform that free Blogger accounts run on.