Friday, November 15, 2019

Medium and Large and Nothing In Between

Look at the typical size chart1 for men’s underwear, if you will, and tell me if you see anything wrong?

Size Waist (inches)
S 28 - 30
M 32 - 34
L 36 - 38
XL 40 - 42
2XL 44 - 46
3XL 48 - 50

Well?

Here’s the problem. What do you do if your waist is 31”, 35”, 37” and so on? Fruit of the Loom tells you to select the next larger size. Hanes doesn’t even offer such advice, unless you ask customer service, and then they also advise the next larger size.

I am size 35, which is between M and L. So I bought the larger size, L. But they were too baggy, even after one washing in hot water. They felt like boxer briefs. M (which I bought next) was a better choice for me since I prefer a lower rise brief. M is a bit too snug, but aren’t they're supposed to be "tighty-whities"? So I'll continue to wash the L briefs in hot water each week hoping they'll shrink into the unavailable in between size.


1 This size chart can be found on the following web pages:

#NaBloPoMo2019

No comments: