Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Drug Free -- Supplement Expensive

I'm happy to report that I have been drug-free since April 2007. I do not take prescription medications or over-the-counter drugs.

So I save money from not buying meds. But I spend it on supplements, about $100 per month, as you can see on the table that follows:



The Isocort is for Adrenal Fatigue, and many of the other supplements support this. For example, Vitamin D and DHEA support healthy hormone production. However, the Quercetin and Stinging Nettle come from Peter D'Adamo's Allergy Protocol. I'll probably not need them by January.

I take Choleast to lower my cholesterol. I had been taking Vytorin, which kept my total cholesterol at around 190. But it caused muscle weakness. I didn't realize this until I stopped taking it and noticed at the gym that the weights suddenly felt much lighter.

Rhodiola is a good one. This keeps me from going off the deep end. Without it I can waste time obsessing over ridiculous things like packing a gym bag, or the order in which I do my morning routine. Rhodiola helps alleviate depression and anxiety, which might be caused by obsessing over the future. I can focus better on the Here and Now that I was telling you about. Without Rhodiola, I can be a wreck.

These are called supplements, which means you add them to a diet. My particular diet, the one that I'm supposed to be following, is a low-carb version of the type O Blood Type Diet. I do have trouble following this diet. I'm particularly fond of sweets, especially B&J Phish Food ice cream, and One Sweet Whirled is extremely awesome. Another requirement of the diet is avoiding wheat, which is almost slightly more difficult than avoiding air.

Okay, now I'm getting silly, so I'll stop now.

2 comments:

Square-Peg Karen said...

HI! Thanks for your comments on the blog - you're always inspiring to me!!

i LOVE the new look..the banner...wow!

and hey..are you on facebook???

loved the title of this..drug free--supplement expensive..lol

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! This is high praise, coming from you with your wonderful blog and website!

I haven't opened an account on Facebook yet. I did open an experimental account on MySpace, but I don't use it.