Saturday, September 13, 2008

Now Adding Dreams!

The previous two posts are about the dreams I had this morning. I know two folks who blog about their dreams. One has a blog devoted entirely to dreams!

I used to keep a dream journal about twenty years ago. I had enough time back then to be able to get up a little later in the mornings and write in my tiny spiral bound memo pad. I still remember a few of those classic dreams. (I may post about them as time permits.) I've even had a few lucid dreams, and managed to say my own name "out loud" in the dream, which was considered impossible back then. You have to be pretty well rested to have lucid dreams. Being able to sleep until the crack of noon helps a lot.

This morning's two dreams seemed good to blog about for two reasons:

0. They were very short.

1. They were not my typical kind of dream.

A typical dream for me is one in which I'm visiting another city. The visit is for business purposes, like a conference, so I'm either alone or with a few colleagues. There is some element of anxiety involved, like not checking out from the hotel in time or not leaving in time to get to the airport. And there's a pervasive feeling of aloneness, almost desolation.

So anyway, if you don't care to read about the dreams, just avoid any posts whose title starts with "Dream:" If you especially like dreams, please visit "The Dark Side of the Moon", the source of my latest inspiration for adding dreams.

2 comments:

Slywy said...

I'm flattered! I started having complex dreams, or remembering them better, when I was on a medication, which must have rewired the brain a bit because I still have the same kind of dreams. A recurring theme is an urban scene in front of a building and a bucolic one behind, plus lots of impossible physics. This afternoon I fell asleep in a position in which I snore gently, and I thought it was the voice of someone I work with, which made me cringe. Weird. But I went back to sleep, more or less.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting.

Sometimes I hear voices in the white noise that the fan in the air purifier makes.