Saturday, June 20, 2009

Two-For-One Holiday Special

Tomorrow I get to enjoy my two favorite holidays -- Father's Day and the Summer Solstice.

Well, okay, the Summer Solstice isn't an official holiday here in the US. But it is an auspicious day for all who dwell in the northern hemisphere on Earth. On each solstice, I like to watch the sun rise and set. Tomorrow I will be amazed at how far north in the sky it will be. Hopefully, we'll have a break in the clouds. And the cats won't be so hungry that they'll ambush me before I get outside. (I wrote briefly about the Winter Solstice last year.)

Father's Day for me is a lot like my birthday except that no one but my daughter and wife celebrate it. The difference is huge. Father's Day is small and confined to my dearest loved ones. By contrast my birthday is the day I get invaded by folks whom I'd never hear from otherwise.

What is your favorite day and why?

4 comments:

rummuser said...

Every day. Because.

Lynne said...

Hope you had a fantastic father's day!

Square Peg Guy said...

Hi rummuser:

Great answer! Thanks for commenting!

Author said...

Thanks, Lynne. I did.