Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Introducing My Scanner Daybook

The Scanner Daybook is a special notebook that Barbara Sher describes in Refuse to Choose!: Use All of Your Interests, Passions, and Hobbies to Create the Life and Career of Your Dreams.

The idea is that there are certain people whom Barbara calls "Scanners." They1 have several interests or get ideas for new projects while working on old projects. The Scanner Daybook, modeled after Leonardo DaVinci's notebook, allows a scanner to briefly jot down a new idea in order to:
  • Not forget about it.
  • Satisfy an immediate craving for the idea.
  • Stay focused on a current project.
This is relevant to me because I consider myself a scanner, and I decided to use part of this blog for my Scanner Daybook.

The wild imaginings in my Scanner Daybook aren't meant to be entertaining. So feel free to skip these posts entirely.



1 Or "We," really.

No comments: