Monday, February 22, 2010

Train Station Drawing

On her blog Long Island Daily Photo, Lily Hydrangea posted a picture that includes the Farmingdale train station. It's the building on the left.

Very many years ago, I created a pencil sketch of that building, which you can see below.



This was done on something like 11" x 17" sketchbook paper, so rather than scan it, I had to photograph it.

About two years ago, I decided to throw out all my old artwork. But first, I went about scanning / photographing it. For some reason, my daughter liked this piece best of all, so it's the only piece of art I saved from that time period.

As I wrote earlier, I didn't really see the subjects of my drawings. This is evidence of that.

Just thought someone might find this interesting!

2 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

wow! this is so technically perfect. You really are an excellent draftsmen.
Thanks so much for sharing this.
& thanks for the mention too.

Square Peg Guy said...

Thank you for your kind comment!