Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In 20100519

Last week I wrote about how you can (and should) eat less when you enjoy a low-carb meal. Another element in my recent weight loss is a redefinition of hunger.

When I used to eat high carb meals, I'd experience the unpleasant sensations of low blood sugar at about the same time as I'd feel an emptiness in my stomach. So I trained myself to seek food whenever I felt a lack of fullness in my gut.

After I improved my diet, I continued to respond to even the slightest sense that my stomach wasn't full. But I didn't have to. With a low-carb diet, I can function fine on an empty stomach because the food energy is still in my blood and intestines.

And when I do finally eat, I feel full with less food because my stomach isn't still stretched out from a previous big meal. It has shrunk to a normal size.

This is a good feeling!

Waist = 38.0"
Height = 5' 9"

References:
  1. Wikipedia BMI page
  2. Tanita Scale with Body Fat monitor
  3. Javascript must be enabled to view the data.

No comments: