Sunday, November 23, 2014

Quirky is RIght Up My Alley!

Yesterday's NaBloPoMo writing prompt was "Tell us about a quirk or odd habit that you have."  I have so many quirks and odd habits, this prompt could provide a month of posts on its own.

Let me share just one of my many quirks, which demonstrates my germophobic tendencies.

Whenever I need to pull a door open, I do not grab the handle with my entire hand.  I'm so reluctant to touch door handles that I use my pinky, or my sleeve, or (if I've just washed and dried my hands after using the bathroom) a paper towel.

I do this only in public.  At home, I don't bother, partly because most of the germs are mine or my family's, but also because my hands are usually already dirty from dog slobber, cat litter or cleaning household messes.

Would you like to know about my other quirks?

6 comments:

Pam J. said...

Yes, more quirks please. I brush my teeth with baking soda and salt, but I don't think that's a quirk.* My husband says one of my quirks is not putting on my seat belt until I'm several blocks from the house (I don't think that's a quirk either). Here's what I think of as a true quirk: I am a gardener but I refuse to plan anything in my gardens, both vegetable and flower. I plant only random plants (preferably ones I've grown from seeds collected from last year), in no order and following no schedule. The result is crowded, chaotic gardens. And I don't care.

*Following up on a comment you made on my blog.

The Thrifty Book Nerd said...

I would like to know more quirks also! One of my quirks is that I love to eat ice cream in the winter time. If there is a forecast for snow, I buy brown mules!

Square Peg Guy said...

Hi Jacqueline, I had to look up "brown mule ice cream" to figure out what one was. The results were strongly associated with "PET," so at first I wondered if you were eating dog ice cream! But apparently PET is a brand name.
http://www.petdairy.com/index.php?page=Brown%20Mules

I think there's no time of year to not eat ice cream! In fact the sugar and fat can help keep us warm! Thanks for your comment!

Square Peg Guy said...

Hi Pam:

The saying "We plan; God laughs," seems to apply very well to gardens, at least the ones I've tried to plan. Now, I'm with you, although I do count on my perennials still being there in Spring. I do have some seeds saved from this season....

Thanks for commenting!

Rummuser said...

Sorry I am coming late to the party. I certainly would like to know more about your other quirks.

Square Peg Guy said...

Okay, Rummuser, please "stay tuned"!