Friday, May 15, 2009

Under Construction

We have construction going on where I work. My employer needs so much more space that he's putting in a new building.

The construction is noisy, with diesel engines revving and ground-rattling booms. It makes me edgy.

So to escape, I decided I would drive past some bridge construction in order to walk in a nearby nature preserve that my wife and I used to hike in during better days.

Today I had time for only the briefest of walks, just enough to get to the pond. As I approached the pond, I detected the unmistakable sound of construction. The water had been drained, and a "steam shovel" was reinforcing the dam by adding gravel.

I laughed at the irony of trying to escape construction only to find more construction. It occurred to me that this was a message of some sort, like when several consecutive traffic lights turn red just as I drive up to them, telling me to slow (my life) down, or, perhaps, add more punctuation to my lengthy sentences.

Maybe I need to rebuild myself? My diet seems to be working, but I've certainly slacked off in the exercise department. In fact, I was thinking of canceling my membership. And I haven't done anything significant in the education department.

Or maybe I'm due for a shovel-ready spiritual renewal project. I've not been going to any choir rehearsals -- I'm thinking of quitting and skipping out on Church next season.

As I strive to think about my message, consider if you've been getting messages. Do you mis-place your keys all the time? Maybe the Universe is telling you to leave some inner part of you unlocked.

What messages do you get?

2 comments:

rummuser said...

Square Peg, All of us keep getting messages all the time. We simply do not recognize them for what they are.

Let me give you an example. The last two days have been rather heavy on my purse with some unexpected but necessary expenses. I was quite upset about it as some payments due to me had not come in yet and I was suffering from "whymeitis".

I could not however not spend for the necessary expenses and also do it in such a way that I had to be graceful about it, without letting the people involved know that I was quite upset about the situation.

I did. Since this morning I have received three payments and some more are on the way.

The message is this, you cannot just earn, you have got to spend too!

Tirsden Frozenrayn said...

A recent addition to my little circle of crazy-heads had a dream last night... in which she saw the character I will be adding to our roleplay storyline soon. She had never seen or heard a description of the girl, besides being a female child (an incarnation of Shane, my Riddick universe original character).

She saw Shane exactly as she should have been. Long straight blonde hair a bit stringy, simple white dress, and about 6 years old (for the version I'd be adding to the RP).

So, either my new friend has some sort of connection beyond the norm with me... or my theory about things happening in other worlds and then leaking into the imaginations of creative people in other dimensions is true... or that character just happens to have extremely guessable looks. xD

*wanders off to weirden up something else*