Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday Weigh-In 20130605

I've altered my diet to try to quell my sinus infection. Normally I'd be happy to have a bit of ice cream or cake or a handful of cookies every few days. But I know that wheat and dairy greatly aggravate allergies, so I've cut those foods out completely. And sugar suppresses the immune system and can feed yeast.

What about antibiotics? My doctor doesn't provide prescriptions for antibiotics until the infection has been present for at least three weeks. I suppose I could lie about when my symptoms first started. But I trust his judgement and will try to eat foods with natural antimicrobial properties such as garlic, coconut oil, oregano (which is growing wild in our garden anyway). Then there's steam inhalation, neti pot treatments, collinsonia, Mucinex and lots of warm fresh and sunshine.

Waist = 37.25"
Height = 5' 9"

References:
  1. Wikipedia BMI page
  2. Tanita Scale with Body Fat monitor
  3. Javascript must be enabled to view the data.

No comments: