The answer was easy to fulfill when I was a boy. In fact, my birthday list was decided for me -- all I wanted was whatever the toy marketing folks wanted to sell. It was just a matter of shopping and money to fulfill it. Nevertheless, I still got underwear and the things I needed, much to my disappointment. How ungrateful I was!
That changed after I started my own family. Now my birthday list reads....
- A happy and healthy family, including all the pets.
- Money, just enough to live by and to donate, not so much that I become much more of an asshole than I already am.
- Green traffic lights, or none at all.
- Magical sunrises and gloriously fiery sunsets.
- The continued ability to see humor and beauty in every situation.
- A world in which people love one another for who they are and not what they can do.
Happy birthday to you, whoever you are & whenever it is!