This is a vegetarian meal, BTW.
1 Here are step-by-step instructions for the "egg crust" part of the recipe:
- Pre-heat an 8" fry pan on medium heat. (I use a cast iron pan on an electric stove. This has more heat capacity and lag than an aluminum pan on a gas burner.) Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) ghee and coat the bottom and sides. I use the same pan that I fried the vegetables in, so it's heated well and uniform.
- Crack two whole eggs into a bowl. Add 1 tsp (5 ml) of water. You could also add a dash of Tabasco sauce, if you want a little excitement. Break the yokes and scramble well until the yellow and white are well-blended.
- Gently add the scrambled egg to the fry pan. Try to not displace the ghee, otherwise the egg might stick. The pan is at the right temperature if the egg sizzles but not too forcefully.
- Reduce heat to low and cover for about three minutes to steam-cook the top side of the egg which will get nice and fluffy.
- Lift the cover and check that the top side of the egg is no longer liquid. Then flip the egg.
- Add the fried vegetable topping, keeping it away from the edge about 2cm. Add salt, pepper, chile powder as desired.
- Place the cheese on top. I buy mozzarella cheese in blocks and hand slice it, so my slices come out 2-3mm thick. I use four slices to ensure complete coverage.
- Turn off the heat and place the cover on the pan. Let it sit for about five minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Lift out of the pan into your plate with a spatula (or eat directly from the pan). I eat this with a fork -- it's way too floppy to pick up by hand as with a real pizza.