Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dream: Post Graduation Interview

I'm in a hotel room with two classmates from college. We've just been graduated, and we're here for some sort of prize, either a job or a scholarship for graduate studies. I don't really know the other two guys very well. They're just passing acquaintances.

There is a camera set up, and one of the men who's in charge of the prize wants to take our picture. He urges us to smile. The better we smile, the more likely we'll get the prize. The two guys are on my right, and I tilt my head toward them as I would in a close family shot. Then I realize I'm totally not smiling, so I flash my most brilliant happy smile just before the camera's shutter clicks.

We're dismissed, but we need to stick around. So I wander around the hotel room suite by myself. I come upon an actual pond. As I look at it absent-mindedly, I notice movement in the water. There is, in fact, fish in this pond. And then I notice still more movement, which turns out to be large, snake-like creatures with sharp pointy teeth, like the kinds of fish that live in the extremely deep oceans. I'm amazed at this. Some of the smaller fish swim rapidly and hurl themselves on the floor, and they wriggle and fall into an adjacent pond just on the other side of the walkway I'm on.

I can't believe anyone would allow such monster fish here. What if a little child gets close and sticks his finger in the water?

No comments: