Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dream: The Church of Runes

I'm sitting in a church pew during a service. My wife and daughter are sitting a few pews behind me. The time has come for communion. I decide to ask my wife and daughter if they intend to go up to receive communion.

I get up and walk back to where I think they are, but they're not there. I walk further back, but I don't see them. Eventually I find them and say something to them. A little girl responds to tell me that they're not there. There is also a woman with black hair sitting next to the girl.

I walk to the exit, go through the door and walk through the hallway. Then I find a door that leads outside.

I'm on the side walkway of the church. I notice a sign that proclaims it to be The Church of Runes. I look down and notice small foot stones that have runes carved into them. The stones are not located in the walkway, but they are in the plant beds parallel to the walkway. The stones are greyish, bluish green. They are about eight inches in diameter. The surfaces are smooth but gently uneven.

I've taken my shoes and socks off, and I realize that these stones are meant to be read or felt with the feet. So I lift one foot and use it to feel the stones while standing on the walkway.

I go back inside, using a different door. I enter a different part of the church or perhaps another church altogether. The gathering of people is more social in nature. It could also be a support group. A woman with dark hair sits in front of me. It's the same woman I saw while I thought I was talking to my wife. She introduces herself and says that she's interested in a diet to improve her health. I tell her about the Blood Type diet and describe how the lectins in certain foods causes blood to coagulate.

No comments: