Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good Fixin's

If yesterday and today are harbingers of what the New Year has in store, this will be The Year I Fix Things.

Yesterday, I overheard my wife's friend say that her massage chair doesn't work. I immediately had a hunch, so I butted in and asked whether the chair even turns on. "No, it's just completely dead." "It might be the fuse. If you want I can stop by and check it out. I need to go to Radio Shack today anyway."

So I did stop by and checked it out. The fuse was indeed blown, and Radio Shack had a replacement. I popped in the new fuse, and the chair worked again.

Today, Radio Shack had an exact replacement for a faulty switch for my 20+ year old exercise bike. I soldered it in, screwed the cover back on, and it worked fine.

If you have non-working electrical appliances cluttering your house, you might get them working again just by changing the fuse. Give it a try!

No comments: