Thursday, January 15, 2009

Quiz: Getting to Know Me

This is the 2007 edition of getting to know your friends.

• What is your occupation? Electrical Engineer.
• What color are your socks right now? Transparent. (Not wearin' any.)
• What are you listening to right now? Pandora Radio station seeded with Genesis tunes.
• Can you drive a stick shift? Yes, but it would be a frustrating commute.
• Last person you spoke to on the phone? I think it was the receptionist for my wife's chiropractor.
• Do you like the person who you stole this quiz from / tagged you? Yes, she inspired me to do more art. And "who" should be "whom."
• How old are you today? Forty-five.
• Favorite drink? Water, or perhaps Cherry Juice & Seltzer or some sort of Black Lager. Oh, d'you mean if I could drink anything I wanted to? Hmm, that would be a not-quite-thoroughly chilled Coke that's gone a bit flat. Or a light-n-sweet iced coffee.
• Favorite sport to watch? If I must choose a professional sport to watch, I guess hockey would be the most exciting.
• Pets? One large Golden Retriever. One American Shorthair tuxedo-colored cat.
• Favorite food? From my diet: cold sliced roast beef on top of my wife's homemade tossed salad. From outside my diet: B&J's Phish Food Ice Cream, Apple Pie With Crumb Topping. Beef taco.
• What was the last movie you watched? Happy Go Lucky
• What's your favorite day of the week? Thursday is when I get to find out what my daughter did in art class that day. If I'm lucky, she'll have brought it home!
• How do you vent anger? I have no anger, unless I'm working on the computer and something goes wro g a d t en I g t re l y p s ed and curse at it.
• What was your favorite toy as a child? I was overindulged as a boy. I loved the bendable Mattel astronauts. I even had the space station. I liked the Matchbox cars and Hot Wheels. And the electric race car track.
• What is your favorite season? Winter. The days start to get longer, there are no bugs, and near the end you get to ponder which is most slippery: snow, ice or mud.
• Hugs or kisses? Hugs.
• Cherries or Blueberries? Blueberries
• Do you want your friends to do this quiz? Only if they have much more time than I and don't have to do the bills as I should be doing now.
• Who is the most likely to respond? I'm not tagging anyone!
• Living arrangements? I've been left here on Earth to fend for myself with absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to be doing while I see people around me die and others born. I thought maybe if I took up meditation I might get in touch with Universal Truth, but all I get is a stiff back. It's not so much an arrangement as an annoyment.
• When was the last time you cried? A few months ago, but I don't remember the occasion. There was none, in fact, expect that I was just thinking how pointless life is. (See the previous answer.)
• What is on the floor of your closet? Laundry basket, a stack of cheap plastic drawers a carpet sweeper and a small block of cedar that fell off a shelf.
• Who is the friend you have had the longest that you hope takes this quiz? Well, JP was my first long-term friend. It would be cool if he did it and I could read it.
• What did you do last NIGHT? I went to a "Mom and Me" Girl Scout bingo event on behalf of my wife who was bedridden with pain and fatigue. Then I washed a few dishes before going to bed.
• Favorite smells? Yankee Candle Root Beer candle.
• What inspires you? The challenge of finding the least capable programming language to automate something in. Like writing a batch file to find all the text files that have the word August in a certain directory and change that word to September.
• What are you afraid of? Financial ruin.
• Favorite dog breed? Golden Retriever.
• How many states have you lived in? Three. Okay, two if you don't count the State of Confusion.
• Favorite holiday? Father's Day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good. Now I know you that much better.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ramana:

You can copy the questions and answer them on your blog!

All the best!

Anonymous said...

Done. http://square--peg.blogspot.com/2009/01/quiz-getting-to-know-me.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. Delirious copied the quiz onto her blog.