Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Magic Tricks

It turns out that I can perform magic tricks.  Specifically I can make things disappear.  But I don't quite have a lot of control over this ability, like when I will do it or what I will make disappear.

The other day I was nailing up a hanger for some beads.  I needed four nails, so I picked out exactly four nails from my box of favorite shiny bright nails.  I didn't want to bring the box to where I was working because then I'd have to bring it back.  A few days later, I needed more nails for another project.  But I inadvertently made that box of nails disappear.  My favorite nails.

This morning, I came back home from an errand.  I needed to shave and change my clothes before going to work.  First I picked my warmest socks out for this cold day.  By the time I finished shaving, I realized I'd made the socks disappear.  My toasty warm socks.

So far I haven't made anything re-appear.  I wonder when that ability will come?  Soon I hope.  Like tomorrow.  It's supposed to snow.

9 comments:

Delirious said...

I actually have a knack for finding things. My husband will tell you this is true. If anyone in the house loses something, they come to me and I usually can find it. I think it's a gift. :)

I don't know if that's a magic trick, but I do have a trick I can do. I can wave the second toe on each foot without moving any of the other toes. Pure magic.... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm an expert in making things disappear too. I can sometimes find them again, but that trick is much harder for me. :)

Thanks for the smile.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club Square Peg. I keep performing these kind of tricks all the time. I am however surprised that at a much younger age you are beginning to perform them, when I started only during the last year or so.

Lynne said...

I am like "Delirious." I have the magical powers of finding things. It is a very special gift. Anyone in the fam looses something...they come to me to find it:) And I do. I think I found your gloves yesterday...behind the dryer;) Let me know if you want them...oh wait, they are my sons. He lost them 2 days ago!

Anonymous said...

Sounds oh so familiar :-) In this family, the motto is "finders keepers" because we're always finding stuff that disappeared so long ago we can't remember who it belonged to in the first place!

Anonymous said...

Well, Lynne and Delirious, maybe you can learn to find things remotely. You could devote part of your blog to helping people find lost items!

Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

Well, rummuser, what can I say? I've always acted older than my age. :)

Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sherlock & Jean for letting me know I'm not the only "magically gifted" one.

Incidentally, the socks reappeared! But they showed up on the office chair, which was pushed in under the desk. The nails haven't reappeared, yet, though.

Mokihana Calizar said...

This is so funny! It's my first visit here, having found you on Lemon-Aide. It may be you and a parcel of other folks I know around here may be part of the missing Magic Tribe. Thanks for the delightful trickery. Mokihana