Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dream: Energy Audit

I'm in the bathroom in the house I grew up in.  But I am the present day version of me.  I suddenly notice the time.  The clock reads 12:30pm, but it's an hour fast because I didn't set it back for the end of Daylight Savings Time.

Someone was supposed to come here to do an energy audit at 10:00am.  But I did not hear the doorbell.

I pull up my pants quickly.  Now they are askew, but I have no time to straighten them out.  As I rush to the front door, I notice a car in the driveway through the front window.  I open the door.  There are four old people sitting in two very small convertibles, which are parked right outside the front door, as if the stoop isn't there.  I look at one of them, an old lady who's looking up at me through large, plastic-rimmed glasses.

No comments: