Monday, November 3, 2008

Changing Times

In most parts of the USA, Sunday was also the day we revert from Daylight Savings time back to Standard time.

Personally, I'm trying to stay on Daylight Savings time. I'm perpetually late, so the extra hour puts me back in the running. Besides, my job has flexible hours, so I work during whatever eight hours I happen to be there at.

I don't use an alarm clock. I just awaken naturally by noticing the sky getting brighter. Lately I've been prone to getting up later and later each day. Thanks to the time change, I now get up an hour earlier.

In past years, I've tried to sleep for another hour, but I couldn't do it. My sleep cycles run for an hour and a half, so I'd end up sleeping for another 90 minutes or forcing myself to get up after that extra hour and feeling extra tired.

I just need to go to bed at a reasonable time, and not squander that extra hour reading, surfing the web or playing my daughter's video games.

No comments: