Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dream: Joy to the World Calvacade

I'm viewing on the computer a home movie that my cousin K sent to me.  Apparently it's a celebration, perhaps the wedding of one of her children.  My uncle D is very happy and energized.  He's about 75 years old, yet he's running down a steep hill like a teenager.

Now I'm at the celebration.  I live in another state, so I'm ready to make the long drive home.  Many other family members are there, but they're not leaving; they're going to another place to continue the celebration.  As I drive away, the others follow me in their cars.

I hear them sing "Joy to the World."  They sing the second verse, which starts, "God save the Queen..."  I don't recall that those are the proper words.  Yet everyone sings them, and I wonder how they can drive and sing at the same time.  I'd have to read the lyrics off a sheet of paper, not an easy feat while driving.

No comments: