Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dream: Field Trip Bus Ride

I'm on a school bus with my classmates. We're going on yet another field trip. This is the eighth one so far this year.

I'm wearing a T-shirt and shorts, and I'm wet.

We arrive. It's an up-scale department store. And suddenly it occurs to me what I want to be when I grow up -- a fashion designer! I know that boys don't normally pursue this type of career. But it's what I really want to do, and I'm not making any compromises even if people will make fun of me. I pretty sure that people won't make fun of me, and they'll admire me for my boldness and talent.

It's time to get off the bus. I can't go in the store dressed the way I am. I do have a change of clothes, a heavy red sweat shirt and tan slacks, so I take off the T-shirt and wet shorts. I'm near the back of the bus. I look to the front and see that people have debarked quickly. Soon it's just the driver and her young son who's about five years old.

I say, "Wait for me!" But she drives the bus away from the entrance. I'm not too concerned because I realize that she will simply find a parking spot from which I'll be able to walk to the store.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about your dreams. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! :D