Monday, November 24, 2008

Dream: Defecting Water Bottle at Band Practice

I'm attending high school band practice as a spectator.  I arrived there with two car loads of band members, whom I'm friends with.

I'm starting to feel thirsty, so I look for my water bottle.  But RD the tenor saxophone player has it.  He rode in the other car.  For some reason my water bottle was in that car, too.

I say, "It looks as though my water bottle has defected.  It would rather be with you than with me."  I'm chipper about it.  RD responds, not in a mean way, "It looks that way."  He chuckles.  But he makes no effort to return it or even apologize or ask to use it.

Although I'm disappointed, I am not angry.  These are my friends, and what's mine is theirs.  Besides, playing saxophone must make one extremely thirsty.

No comments: