Monday, November 17, 2008

Dream: The Bus Crash That Never Comes

I'm a passenger on a bus that's being driven by two people.  The man in front at the steering wheel is steering the bus.  But there's another driver in the back who is operating the throttle.  I wonder how he can tell how fast he should go if he's way in the back.  He can't see the road or traffic!

It seems the bus is going too fast, and yet it keeps accelerating.  I'm sure that a crash is imminent.

As we navigate a left bend, my perspective shifts suddenly so that I can see the bus from outside it.  I watch with trepidation as the bus approaches an overpass and starts to veer off the road.  This is it.  It's the worst possible scenario.  Not only are we going off the road, but we're going to plunge several dozen feet and smash into a cement bridge support.

I'm back inside now, knowing that we're plunging, yet there's no sensation of falling.  I don't really know how to brace myself.  I turn to face the back of the bus.  I just wait for the explosive impact and hope I don't suffer.  And I wait some more and wonder why it's taking so long.

It seems we're frozen in time.  Our progress must've been slowed somehow by soft branches.

2 comments:

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Oh man, you need some therapy!

Nah, just kiddin. I have even WEIRDER dreams than that on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you MUST post your dreams! I would love to read them!