Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In 20081112

Here's a new weekly feature, where-in I make my weight public knowledge. The idea is if I know I have to reveal weight increases, I might stop binging on those sugary after-supper treats. I might even lose weight.

So feel free to check in each week to see how I'm doing!


Waist = 38& 3/8 "
Height = 5' 9"

References:
  1. Wikipedia BMI page
  2. Tanita Scale with Body Fat monitor
  3. Javascript must be enabled to view the data.


Edited on 20081113 to add waist & height measurements and the note about the Javascript requirement.

Edited on 20081119 to add 3/8" to waist measurement to account for the fact that the measuring tape doesn't start at 0.

2 comments:

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Well, since I don't know any of your other stats like height and stuff, I can't really tell what the significance is. How do you FEEL?

Anonymous said...

Good point.

I'm 5' 9" tall. I left it out because it's not something that changes. Besides, I include my height in the first About page.

I thought about putting in a waist-line measurement, especially since abdominal fat is linked to increased risk of heart attack or something equally bad. I might do that next week. For now, know that I wear pants with a 34" waist. Which means my waist is probably 35.5". (And you think you have muffin top woes!)

How do I feel? With my fingers, usually. Haha. Seriously, I think I should keep my weight below 165lb. When I'm very active I feel fantastic. I love shoveling snow and pruning trees. Too bad I have an office job. That's when I feel sluggish.

Thanks for commenting!