Monday, November 10, 2008

Dream: In a Trance at Group Therapy

I'm in bed trying to sleep.  I'm supposed to get up early for an appointment.  I wake up too early several times and sleep poorly.  Then I wake up, and I'm shocked to find that it's 1:20 in the afternoon!  Crap!  Why didn't anyone wake me? I get ready and go to my appointment anyway.

It turns out to be some sort of new-age group therapy session.  I'm sitting at a table in a classroom with a few others.  The instructor wants us to meditate.  I completely relax and go into a trance-like state.

After about a minute the instructor asks us to come back out of our meditations.  I open my eyes but the instructor doesn't seem ready for people to open their eyes yet.  It's like she's getting a surprise ready.  I wonder what the surprise might be.

And then I see it.  The entire classroom has relocated.  A large passage opens in a wall (it's more like a garage door, I suppose) revealing a pleasant courtyard.  Wow, that's a nice trick.

[The beginning of this mirrored real life.  I did have an appointment, and I was waking up and slept poorly.  But I got up at the usual time and got to my appointment in time (dentist).  Oversleeping is not an option when you have a vocal cat with a big appetite.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meditation class in your dream. Dental appt. in real life. What a contrast, unless your one who need a little laughing gas at your dental appt, then, it might feel a bit like meditation class. (wink)

Anonymous said...

:)

I've never had laughing gas. In fact, I even refused novacane for the one small cavity I had filled.

Thanks for commenting!