Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dream: The Glowing Skull From The Library

I'm at the university library checking out a book.  There's an intriguing skull on the counter.  It's not real.  It has plastic lights in the eyes.  I notice that it's available for checkout, so I check it out.  The librarian warns me that the late fee is very steep.  And if I lose it, the fine is tremendous.  So be very careful with it.  Then I realize that I had a lot of stuff to haul around.  This skull is going to be very hard to carry.

Well, I put my library card away, take the book and all my gear, and I exit the library.  After going about twenty feet, I realize with horror that I left the skull in the library on the counter!  Crap.  So I walk back with a rather quick pace and find with much relief that it was still there.

So I take it and resolve to be more careful.


Now I'm crossing a field with some friends.  The skull is proving to be a burden.  I wish I didn't borrow it.  I have a wagon, so I arrange my belongings to make them easier to carry.  Then I continue walking.  After a while, I become aware that I again don't have the skull.  Crap.

No comments: