Thursday, November 13, 2008

OMG I'm Friggin' Fat!

Yesterday I unveiled my Wednesday Weigh-In.  And Petra was kind enough to comment that the post didn't really tell her what kind of shape I'm in.  So I decided to add my height and waist measurements.  I figured I'd just measure my waist this morning and quietly edit yesterday's post.

That was before I saw that my waist is 4" bigger than I expected!  WTF!

Okay, I know that my 34" waist pants are a big snugger and my muffin top would alarm any competent cardiologist.  But 38"?  That's serious fatness!

I suppose I might not be pulling the tape tight enough.  I was able to get it down to 37" with just slight tautness.  And I breathe diaphragmatically, like a good singer does (but I sing like a bad one), so my girth changes constantly.

Or maybe the tape, being cloth, somehow got in the wash and shrunk about 10%.  Yes, the more I think about it, the more I realize that the measurement is in error.  You believe me, don't you?

Oh well.  It is what it is.  I know my readers will appreciate the honesty and motivate me to slim down.

Thank you.

(As I select tags for this, I'm tempted to choose "Personal Growth" just for hahas.)

3 comments:

Slywy said...

I outweigh you by 100+ pounds.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for responding.

Slywy said...

Sorry about not responding to the award yet; been swamped and tired.